Cyc-Lok Terms & Conditions (V 2.1 October 2015)
The use of Cyc-Lok facilities and / or services is bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using Cyc-Lok facilities and services, whether physical or online by app or web access. Should you not agree to ALL the terms and conditions and accept them unconditionally, you should not use the Cyc-Lok facilities or services.
Please follow the procedures outlined in these Terms and those displayed on signs, notices, and markings posted on the Unit. In the event that any notice or sign contradicts any of the terms and conditions hereunder, the Terms and Conditions hereunder are hereby agreed and accepted as the Terms and Conditions.
Please note that Cyc-Lok Units are accessible by the public and while every care is taken to provide a robust and strong facility which is difficult to break into, Cyc-Lok does not take responsibility for the theft of, or damage to, any property belonging to the Customer.
- “App” means both the app for IOS devices and the app for android devices
- “Bike” means bicycle and any and all other property belonging to the customer placed in any Cyc-Lok locker.
- “Company” means Cyc-Lok Ltd and all companies associated with it and its lessees, and all other persons having any propriety or other interest in a Cyc-lok Unit.
- “Customer” means any person who uses the Cyc-Lok units and services whether by him or herself, or his or her servants or agents or as servant or agent for anybody else and any person having any propriety, possessors, financial or material interest in the Locker contents.
- “Extended Time” means unpaid time period beyond booked and paid for by the user
- “Locker” means an individual or single bicycle locker within a Cyc-Lok Unit.
- “Cyc-Lok Unit” or “Unit” means the set of lockers or station comprising Cyc-Lok lockers and a control tower.
- “Park” means “rent a locker and store a bicycle in the locker|”
- “Plurals“. Words in singular shall where applicable include the plural, and words incorporating a masculine meaning shall include a feminine and neuter meaning.
- “Vacate(d)” the Customer act of removing the bicycle and any and all belongings from the rented locker at the end of the rental or parking period.
Parking / Use of Lockers
Lockers are exclusively made available to Customers by App or by access from our website, www.cyc-lok.ie. (search for Cyc-Lok in the Apple Store or Google Play store)
No person, nor Customers may park except by requesting and renting a locker over the Cyc-Lok Apps or via the Cyc-Lok website.
If a locker is available to rent, Cyc-Lok will provide access to an available locker as soon as a Customer requests the locker and has paid the Parking fee.
The time the Customer can park for commences when payment is made.
The Customer must vacate the locker before the time expires. Should the Customer not vacate within the time paid for, Cyc-Lok will charge the Customer for the ‘extended time’ and the Customer agrees and authorises Cyc-Lok to charge the card for the ‘extended time’.
Customers are obliged to confirm that they have vacated a locker. Customers who have not confirmed that the locker is vacated will be assumed to be extending their Parking time and will be charged for that extended time.
Customers confirm they are vacating the locker by entering the their pin number followed by the ‘X’ key when opening the locker to remove their bike.
Cyc-Lok accepts Credit and Debit Card payments online (Visa and Mastercard Credit and Debit cards). No other form of payment will be accepted.
Customers are required to enter card and contact details and to pay in advance for the time they wish to park.
Customers may extend the time they Park for. In order to ensure Cyc-Lok can charge for extended time if required, Cyc-Lok will hold the Customer’s card details until the locker has been “vacated”. The fees for Parking are detailed in the Charges section below
Our customer’s personal data is safe. Every booking is completed via SSL protocol in compliance with PCI requirements.
|Fees Paid in Advance
|D||Extra 0-12 Hours||3.00|
NB: If you ‘extend’ your time period over the booked and paid for period you accumulate the charge for the next time band including the one that you booked for:
e.g. Cyclist booked for >1hr HOWEVER extended stay for 9 hrs (charge is (>1hr = €1) + (1-3hrs = €2) + (3-12hrs = €3)
TOTAL = €6. If the cyclist had booked for (3-12 hr = €3) originally the charge would only have been €3
Fees may be altered from time to time at the sole discretion of the Company. The prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
Once a Parking Fee is paid, Cyc-lok will issue Customers a 5-digit PIN number to use to access a locker.
The PIN number will be revealed on the App and confirmed by email/text
On arrival, the 5th digit is “√” and is used to confirm access. On departure the 5th digit is replaced by “×” and is used to confirm that the locker is being Vacated.
Should a Customer not be able to produce a PIN, Cyc-Lok may refuse to release the Locker Contents until it can verify that the contents of a Locker belong to the Customer. In this regard, the Company may require the Customer to provide proof of ownership of the Locker Contents, proof of identity and to complete and sign such declarations as the Company may deem appropriate for the release of the Locker Contents.
The PIN which is issued is applicable only to the locker in respect of which it is issued and does not entitle the Customer to any particular Locker in the Cyc-Lok Unit or to priority over other Customers.
Parking fees paid cannot be refunded. A refund will be provided solely at the discretion of Cyc-lok.
The Company provides a Locker for customers to Park their bike. The fee is solely in proportion to the time the bike is parked. The Company has no obligation to maintain custody over the bike or any other locker contents after the paid for time has expired.
The Company, it’s servants and agents shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage, direct or consequential, howsoever caused, save where the same may be caused by the negligence or breach of statutory duty, of the Company, it’s servants or agents (in the case of the Company only) the dishonesty of it’s servants or agents.
The Company, it’s servants and agents shall not be liable in respect of death or personal injury sustained by the Customer, it’s servant or agent howsoever save where the same may be caused by the negligence or breach of statutory duty of the Company, it’s servants or agents.
The Customer will indemnify the Company against all claims, demands and costs whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the presence of the Bike in the Locker unless the Customer shall prove that the loss, damage, death or injury the subject of the matter of such claims or demand was caused solely by the negligence or breach of statutory duty of the Company, it’s servants or agents. Every person who enters into contract with the Company for the Parking of a Bike in a Cyc-Lok Unit does so on behalf of him/herself and warrants his/her authority to so contract.
No person has any authority to vary or alter these Terms and Conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of the Company’s Secretary.
- Personal identification information: We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users register on the App, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our App. Users give personal information of their own volition and at their own risk. Cyc-lok and its service partners will store and use such information in accordance with the data protection act. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain App related activities.
- Non-personal identification information: With users permission we may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our App. Non-personal identification information may include the device name, the type of device and technical information about Users means of connection to our App, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- How We Use Collected Information: Cyc-lok may collect and use Customers personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our App.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our App.
- How We Protect Your Information: We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our App. Sensitive and private data exchange between the company, it’s service providers and it’s Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our App is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
- Sharing your personal information: We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- Third party websites: Users may find advertising or other content on our App that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our App. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our App, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Customer acceptance of these terms
Contact: Cyc-Lok Ltd, 16 Barrow Valley Business Park, Sleaty Road, Carlow, Ireland email: firstname.lastname@example.org